>> Friday, October 24, 2014
A little teaser for Monday’s post all about homemade bagels. If you’ve ever wanted to bake them yourself, there’s no need to be intimidated. The process isn’t nearly as difficult as it sounds -- actually, it’s quite a lot like baking bread (here’s why you should always make your own), just with an extra step or two. And once you get the hang . . . you’re going to love having these beauties cooling on your kitchen rack!
Check back soon.
#1: Mandy Moore points out something about the Ebola epidemic that the news isn’t really reporting.
#2: This story about one teen’s Life From a Hospital Room really touched me. And she’s recording some amazing videos to help educate people about her condition.
#3: I spent time simplifying our kitchen to make it more functional (which I’ll write more about next week), but one of the biggest improvements was weeding out cooking utensils. We have a 3-piece silicone spatula set that we use for most everything. I also retained a couple olive wood tools for good measure.
#4: Check out what I’ve been pinning related to Homesteading.
#5: I LOLed the whole time watching this Real Mom Makeup Tutorial. It’s so, uh, real.
#6: A few deals!
- 50% off Lucky Brand Denim for the whole family.
- 20% off select Pet Costumes. (You also just have to see them -- hilarious!)
- Fitbit Flex (slate) is 15% off + (black) is 12% off.
- A big 45% off the KidKraft Vintage Play Kitchen.
Lately on Writing Chapter Three:
// A new VLOG about How Preschool’s Going for me + Ada.
// Thoughts on Staying Home -- 3 Years Later.
// Photos of our DIY Hand-Painted Backsplash. I love it!
// What it’s like Being In Limbo, and how I’m dealing with TTC.
- 12 Delicious Fall Squash Recipes
- 20 Cheap + Easy Halloween Costumes for Adults
- 20 Cheap + Easy Halloween Costumes for Kids
- 10 Ten-Minute XT Exercises for Runners
- 15 Savvy Tips for a Smoother Move
- 20 Ways to Entertain Your Kids for Free
- Recipe: Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
- 10 Halloween Costume Ideas for Runners