>> Friday, December 9, 2016
Quick recipe for you today (don't miss the gift guides)! This chili beats the pants off my Pumpkin Chili -- seriously. I was out of pumpkin and had several delicata sitting on my counter. I decided it might taste good with chunks versus puree. I was right.
So, just toss these ingredients into your crock pot, and you'll have dinner all weekend.
SLOW COOKER CHILI w/ DELICATA
What you'll need . . .
- 2 delicata squash, peeled + cut into 1/2 inch cubes (3-4 cups)
- 1 can black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon (vegetarian base)
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
Method . . .
- Put everything into your slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high.
- That's all! Serve with cornbread. (And I'll have a NEW recipe for that coming next week!)
FYI: I put in the list exactly what I used, but feel free to use what you have in your kitchen to tweak.