>> Monday, November 30, 2009
What exactly can you make with pumpkin puree? This easy soup, for example. My mother-in-law made it for Thanksgiving using cheese pumpkins. So, if you haven't already, don't forget to check out the pumpkin puree how to. And if you have, get ready to make some soup! This one's great with crusty bread . . .
What you'll need . . .
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced (we threw in maybe five cloves or garlic)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (or Silk -- soy -- half and half)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method . . .
- Heat veggie stock, pumpkin, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pot, and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in heavy cream or soy substitute.(Or you may wish to do this after you pour into bowls to allow guests to control their amount of cream.)
- Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh basil.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts and be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever <3