>> Thursday, February 25, 2010
This is yet another dinner IN A FLASH post where we offer a quick and tasty recipe with HORRIBLE photography to show it off. Our last post taught y'all how to make vegetable dumplings at home! And before that, we posted a hearty vegetable soup with hubbard squash puree for some extra flavor and nutrition.
Today's recipe is one of our favorites because it's super-duper easy, oh-so very cheesy, and about as quick as you can get without simply microwaving a frozen dinner . . .
What you'll need . . . (dinner for two)
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can corn (low sodium and drained)
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes (diced and drained)
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar cheese (shredded and optional)
Method . . .
- Set your oven to the broil setting and place a sheet of aluminum foil on a cookie pan. Cut the green peppers in half and take the seeds out of them. Be careful to keep them as bowl-like as possible.
- Place peppers skin-side up (you'll flip them later when you cook everything) under the broiler for about 10 minutes. Until the skins begin to display brown spots to show they're roasted.
- While those are in the oven, in a medium saucepan, combine the beans, tomatoes, and corn. Season with the pepper and garlic powder. Cook until bubbling.
- Take the peppers out of the oven and flip over carefully. Scoop large scoops of the bean mixture into each pepper until piled high. Top with shredded cheddar.
- Return to oven and broil until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!