>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010
We can't get enough of these "indulgence" energy chunks. Packed full of protein and good carbs -- they'll keep you full for a long time. And perhaps if I'd taken the time to make them this week, I wouldn't have found myself biting into a Snickers yesterday afternoon.
Yes. I broke down. It happens to all of us from time to time. But I'll redeem myself with a power-packed green smoothie this morning.
What you'll need . . .
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (chunky is preferred)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
Method . . .
- Put all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a food processor and blend.
- In a large bowl, mix in the chocolate chips and add more peanut butter if batter is too stiff.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Keep in your fridge.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!