>> Monday, May 24, 2010
Day one of my online food diary. Actually, this has been an eye-opening experience because even when I'm "eating well," I seem to be eating less "well" than I actually think. Not that I'm eating tons of junk -- but it certainly appears I'm eating a lot of carbohydrates. Of course, athletes need carbs for fuel, etc. But I definitely need to work on getting more greens and fruits/veggies into my day after looking at today's spread. Along with breads/etc., I also tend to eat a lot of nuts.
Not much more to say right now. So, here's the day's eats in pictures . . .
- BREAKFAST: Apple-peanut butter-honey bagel sandwich. (Much like the apple and cheese sandwich we posted the recipe for earlier.)
- SNACK: 4 large carrots. Chopped.
- LUNCH: Trail mix oatmeal (rolled oats with 1/4 cup all natural trail mix plus 2 tablespoons cacao nibs).
- SNACK: Almond-coconut bar (KIND Fruit + Nut).
- DINNER: (Too many) Pumpkin garlic knots and 1 cup of homemade vegetable stew (recipe soon!).
- DESSERT: 1 sunflower butter cookie (recipe soon!).
I learned a lot today . . . and it's only day 1! I didn't mean to sound critical of myself (above). Let me rephrase, because I actually AM being critical, but in a healthy way. I want to eat what best gives me energy and power. Right now, I think I'm just eating what I like the best. What's most convenient. I'm also completely stuffed right now -- beyond my comfort. I tend to do that, too :) Guess I love food.
So, have a great evening and check back tomorrow to see how Day 2 goes!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!!