>> Friday, May 28, 2010
Now, if that isn't the picture of health . . . I don't know what is! But it's Friday, and I always, always go easy on my dinner Friday nights. Especially after a long week at work -- and a nice sweat session on our spinning bike. I'm incredibly happy it's the weekend. I can't even express it in words right now. All I want to do is relax. And show you what I ate today, of course!
Here's the day in pictures . . . (and, no, I didn't eat an entire jar of Nutella!).
And here's the breakdown . . .
- BREAKFAST: Worst smoothie ever. Tried to make the mint chocolate one again, but forgot the recipe. Yuck. 140-ish calories.
- SNACK: Double chocolate granola-ish bar. 270-ish calories.
- LUNCH: Microwaved sweet potato with pepper-jack cheese and strawberries. 400-ish calories.
- DINNER: Three slices of cheese pizza and a beer. 865-ish calories.
- DESSERT: 2 (heaping) tablespoons Nutella. Straight from the spoon. 250-ish calories.
Reflections about today's dietary choices. Not my best work. Definitely bottom-loaded the day. I felt full all day, though. I just think I could have topped my pizza with some veggies (Stephen piled basically a large salad on his). I went with the most classic, I'm-a-5-year-old approach. Maybe had another serving of vegetables at work (forgot my carrots at home!). I think I just got lazy. I woke up sort of late and didn't leave enough time to eat a good breakfast (1st huge mistake) and pack a good lunch (2nd mistake). Noted.
That's all from me for tonight. Except this: Do you want to win a fantastic $50 shopping spree at iHerb.com? YES, YOU DO is the answer. Why? Well, you can buy all this cool stuff . . . or whatever your might like to snag yourself!
So, visit us on Tuesday for all the details about how you -- YES YOU! -- can win. And if you need to catch up on my week of healthy eating, check out day 1, day 2, and day 3, and day 4.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!!