>> Tuesday, May 11, 2010
I skipped a day of the whole work-week vegan thing yesterday. I had postponed my long run until Monday morning . . . and then again until Monday after work, which I never do (wink, wink), so when I was done, I was absolutely ravenous. The kind of hungry only cheese can fill. Of course, I know that isn't true, there were a multitude of ways I could have chosen to fill my screaming stomach, but with my level of exhaustion, cheese seemed the easiest topper for these sandwiches.
I'm having a love affair with whole wheat English muffins. They're just so versatile . . . and with dinner instructions this simple, why wouldn't I use them almost every single day?
What you'll need AND method . . .
- First, toast four whole wheat English muffins (this recipe makes enough for four open-faced sandwiches -- serves two hungry people).
- Then make the basic hummus recipe you find on this page.
- Then saute a little baby spinach in some olive oil and garlic. Three to four handfuls of spinach will do. Just remember, it'll cook down dramatically.
- Turn on your broiler . . . and on a cookie sheet, lay out each English muffin and top with hummus. Then top with spinach . . . ten top with a heap of shredded mozzarella.
- Broil until brown and bubbly.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!