>> Thursday, May 13, 2010
What is it with me and tangerine juice? We bought a ton of the pretty fruits a couple week ago at like 76 cents a pound. Let me type that again: seventy-six cents a pound. Why not use them in absolutely everything? This recipe is wicked fast . . . so even on the busiest morning, you can enjoy some hearty pancakes.
What you'll need . . . for two big pancakes!
- Juice of two tangerines (or oranges)
- 1 large banana
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate chips (Bittersweet works beautifully -- but entirely optional)
Method . . .
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the tangerine juice, banana, and flax meal -- mix together until well combined (and not lumpy).
- With a spatula, mix in the rolled oats, wheat pastry flour, and baking powder. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cook the way you'd cook any other pancakes. Over some medium heat with a bit of oil.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and Earth Balance.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!