>> Wednesday, June 2, 2010
You may remember this juicy photo from Day 3 of the Life in My Stomach. I have to share the recipe because it's honestly the easiest and healthiest "jam" recipe ever. It's made entirely without all the added sugar and weird chemical-sounding ingredients. Since there aren't any preservatives, though, you'll want to make this topping in small batches, refrigerating it for maybe two days max. This recipe makes enough for two healthy servings -- two bagel-sized servings, that is.
As well, don't feel bound by my recipe. The dates are essential for texture and sweetness. However, feel free to use other fresh fruits like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc. Feel free to add spices like cinnamon and ginger. It's a fruit spread made simple, and the combinations are endless!
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY/FRUIT JAM
What you'll need . . .
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pitted dates
Method . . .
- Throw the strawberries and dates in your food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Spread over toast -- and I like mine best with a layer of Earth Balance underneath.