>> Monday, July 26, 2010
Welcome to recap week! We thought we'd devote an entire week to giving you the best of (never home)maker that you may or may not have already read. We had some great posts when we started out, and as we've grown, they've become buried and forgotten. While we work on better searching and discovery for these posts, manually putting this info together seems like the best approach.
Now, there's a recurring theme on this blog . . . and it revolves around budget. We're always looking for ways to save money. And through the years, we've certainly learned a thing or two about how to get the most for less. So we decided to round up a bunch of our penny-pinching posts for you. Their focus is broad -- anything from saving bucks on kitchen design to slashing grocery costs. Getting a little DIY on home design to honing your culinary art -- so we hope you'll take some time to learn and explore.
And if you are curious about how to save money in other ways that we haven't yet covered, let us know! We're always looking for post ideas from our readers. Just leave a comment or email us at neverhomemaker [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Foodies and non-foodies alike will enjoy learning cost-savings techniques in Cooking and Baking on a Budget: How to.
- In Small Space, Smaller Budget: Serious Solutions, we cover all kinds of ways to make even your tiniest rooms feel large.
- No need to call in help -- exposing those gorgeous hardwoods is only a few steps (and dollars away). DIY: How to Rip Up Old Carpeting Yourself.
- Fitness fanatics can use a little Zero Dollar Strength Training to add to their workout schedules.
- If you spend as much time in this room as I do, a little investment can go a long way. Learn some tips and trips for Kitchen Glamour on the Cheap.
- Take a room from drab to fab with some paint and molding. It's easier and cheaper than you'd think! Inexpensive (Architectural) Details with Impact.
- No need to buy expensive containers. Learn about creative and Smart, Sensible Storage for Bulk Foods.
- You have plenty of other stuff to stow away, too. Check out Cheap, Chic Storage: Exposed.
- Zits getting you down? Story of my life. Thank goodness for Frugal Foodie Face Cures: Apple Pie Mask.
- We're fighting back against expensive grocery bills. Costly weekend out-to-eats, too. Slashing Our Grocery Bills: Recap and Progress.
- Love the one you're with . . . for less. Enjoy these Budget-Friendly Date Ideas.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!!