>> Friday, July 30, 2010
For our last day of recap week, we decided to throw a central theme to the wayside. Friday is all about doing what you like, so today's all about (just a few of) our favorite posts. As random as can be, too. We get ideas for what to write all the time. Sometimes, what we publish is well planned. Sometimes we get a burning question in our inbox, passionately type up an answer, and 30 minutes later have a new post. What can I say? Blogging can be quite a roller-coaster.
Whenever we get emails (and lately, we've been getting quite a few! so THANK YOU for writing us!), we let people know if they ever have ideas or things they'd like to read about . . . LET US KNOW! We want to write what you want to read. What you want to comment on. So, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com.
- Of course, who can forget our first video post: the (never home)makers versus food, chubacabra style. It's an omelette inside a burrito.
- I forgot to add this one to the budget recap, but it's some of our best tips: Cut back on workweek spending. It's as easy as PB&J!
- We transformed our boring, storage-less entryway last year. Took it from this awfully drab and cluttered BEFORE to this polished, pretty AFTER.
- This Vegan Challah Bread recipe is seriously to die for! It uses banana for egg, which makes the bread perfect for challah french toast.
- This Richard Simmons-inspired Purple Sticky Rice Tart is so good, it even earned us a spot for a few hours on AOL.com. Woah!
- OK. We love ALL our Richard posts, modified from his book: Sweetie Pie: The Richard Simmons Collection of Dazzling Desserts. So far, we've made vegan coconut-carob pie, a pomegranate-dream bundt cake, fortune cookies, and strawberry-pear faux pie.
- A Good Time Costs Only Dimes when you scope out thrift stores for board games and other cheap thrills. Check it out!
- We'll always remind you that Being Healthy is All About Choices. You have the power to turn your health around TODAY!
- More Man versus Food-inspired posts full of delicious dinner ideas: Veggie Behemoth, The LOVER is piled high . . . as is our Vegetarian Juicy Lucy.
- More food -- but this no-knead Crusty Garlic Loaf is well worth the wait. May even be the best bread we've ever made!
- It's never too late to weigh in our our Skirting the Issue post -- do you like running skirts? Or . . . not? Let us know!
- One of my favorite series of posts was our Day in the Life of My Stomach. You can still catch up on it, too! Check out Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, and the recap.
- I guess for this last one . . . we'll keep the focus on food, because this Chili Noodle and Cashew Stir-Fry will knock your socks off!
Sad, but true -- this post concludes our recap week. I'm sure we'll do it again in the future -- it was fun looking back on the variety of posts we've had in the eight months we've been live.
If you missed the other days, get caught up now:
- Day 1: A Budget-Friendly Life
- Day 2: Sumptuous Soups
- Day 3: Running Tips and Tricks
- Day 4: Reader Spotlights
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!!