>> Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Today is CRA-AZY. So, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to show you a snapshot (quite literally) from my life. Yesterday for lunch, I crammed my PB&J wrap down my throat and took off to snap some photos. We have a large greenhouse on the campus where I work . . . it's divided by climate zones. The dork in me (which, if you haven't already gathered by now, is like 90% of me) loves this place.
Anyway, here's what I saw:
The main event was the Amorphophallus titanum -- or "corpse flower" -- which, as you might imagine, is extremely rare. It gets its more common name from the smell it emits after blooming (like rotting flesh). I went this morning to see it (because it finally bloomed in full last night), and that description of the odor is no joke.
Some things about me you may or may not know:
- I like to take photos -- and edit them -- for hours.
- I like to study nature.
- I like to visit museums and libraries more than I like to shop.
- Yeah, I like to watch documentaries and read non-fiction books (better than fiction).
- I play 13 musical instruments well enough to have performed playing each of them at one point or another. And want to learn to play more.
- And here's one of my dorkiest secrets of all: My favorite books when I was growing up were a.) the American Medical Association's Family Medical Guide; b.) Eyewitness books; and c.) this other book about weather systems .
Now here's your chance to geek out for a moment: Besides healthy living, running, and cooking/baking -- what do you do?! How do you best like to spend your free time? Leave a comment or email us at neverhomemaker [at] gmail [dot] com.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!