>> Tuesday, December 21, 2010
#1: 12 Cookies of X-Mas -- Nightcap Fudge
One word: I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. This fudge-like treat would be perfect for crazy NYE parties. Or just every night before bed. Maybe? Honestly, it may be better suited for a tart filling. It doesn't harden as much as regular fudge. In other words: It's SUPER gooey. So, you should make it -- either way -- and let us know how it turns out!
And please nibble responsibly.
Print this Recipe!
What you'll need . . .
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup vodka (espresso flavor, specifically)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers (optional, but fun)
Method . . .
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with tinfoil. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over the lowest possible, heat, combine the chocolate chips, almond milk, and vodka.
- Stir until everything is uniformly melted. Stir in the flax meal.
- Take off the heat for a couple minutes. Then stir in the crushed grahams.
- Pour into pan and refrigerate until firm-ish. Cut into square or just eat out of the dish. However the mood strikes you.
#2: T-minus 2.5 work days until 11 days off. That is all.
#3: I'm happy I don't fit into my wedding dress.
My parents unloaded it onto me the other night (they're in the process of moving). Of course, I immediately drove home to see if it still zips. Now, I've definitely gained a couple pounds since our wedding (we've been through how my thin-ness around that time wasn't exactly healthy). But . . . I still look fabulous in it.
AND I'm sure that 90% of the reason it doesn't zip is because -- drum roll, please -- I've got some insane muscles going on from all the push-ups, chin-ups, and now swimming that I've been doing.
Not drinking too much.
Regular exercise at the gym.
#4: My whole life could have been different.
Stephen teaches SAT-prep and has been telling me about all the fun questions on the test these days. There is a reading comprehension one comparing and contrasting John Lennon's political lyrics and Paul McCartney's melodies.
And this one:
I mean, maybe if the test had more questions like this one when I was in high school, I would have scored better. Maybe I could have been accepted into an Ivy League school. Who KNOWS what I could have become?!
#5: Some people blow cash on fancy purses. I prefer sexy camera bags.
This morning, I finally purchased a camera bag that will fit all my stuff. I've been cramming the D90 into my D40 bag for months now . . . and it just doesn't fit. Like. At all. And I may have overheard Santa talking about an external flash the other day. So, between the larger camera body, three lenses, and that . . . I need somewhere to stash it all.
Thanks to my tweeps for help with colors. I settled on this pack:
If you're in the market for a camera bag, check out the 5 Million Dollar Home by Crumpler (I still can't say the company name without snickering about its inclusion of the word crump . . . which, of course, makes me think of krumping . . . which, in turn, makes me think of My Sweet 16. Oh goodness.).
12 COOKIES OF X-MAS
- Day 1 (Salted Cornmeal Sugar Cookies)
- Day 2 (Mexican Hot Chocolate Chippers)
- Day 3 (Festivus Bars)
- Day 4 (Julie's Chocolate Chai Tea Cakes)
- Day 5 (Chocolate Chunk Oaties)
- Day 6 (Fudge-Topped Chai Bars)
- Day 7 (Clove-Spiced Shortbread)
- Day 8 (Nicole's Double Chocolate Almond Biscotti)