>> Thursday, January 27, 2011
It's been a while since we posted a banana scramble recipe. And it's also been a while, as some of you have pointed out, since we've posted a vegan recipe. It's not that we've forgotten about that part of the site. Far from it. We've just been eating a TON of plain fruits and veggies, and when we've made something recipe-worthy, it's had eggs, cheese, or yogurt in it.
It happens. But all you vegans (and vegan-lovers) out there should appreciate this breakfast.
SAVORY BANANA SCRAMBLE -- OPEN-FACED
What you'll need . . .
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 (or so) scoop Midori Greens (or other greens supplement)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Chopped green pepper
- Hot sauce
- Whole wheat English muffin, toasted
Method . . .
- Mash your banana well -- until egg-y. Then mix in the cornmeal, paprika, Greens, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Spritz a bit of canola or olive oil into a frying pan over medium-high heat and toss in your green pepper. Cook for a few minutes -- until softened and lightly browned. Then toss these into the banana mixture.
- Lower the heat a bit and spritz in a bit more oil. Pour in the banana mixture and cook -- lightly mixing with a pancake flipper (the technical name isn't with me right now). Toss around until lightly browned.
- Lay out your English muffin on a plate and divide your banana mixture into two sections. Top each muffin with half the mixture. Top with hot sauce.
If you don't have a greens supplement, I imagine if you pulsed the banana in a food processor with some spinach or kale, that'd do the trick as well. It's sort of like making a green smoothie.
BLOGTASTIC "OPEN MIC"
We're SUPER DUPER excited at all the interest in the Blogtastic "Open Mic" that's we're hosing on February 25th. For more information, see our previous post with all the details.
And if you'd like to sign up officially (don't be scared -- we're all in this together!), rather than emailing us -- please add your name and blog name to this list (feed readers may need to hop on to neverhomemaker.com). We're thinking we'll post a similar list the day of so you may link to your specific post.
I have a feeling opinions will be split on this one. I tried pairing my loose-fitting top with a thicker belt than usual. I also tried not wearing jeans to work. I like it -- but there's probably something wrong with wearing a brown belt and black shoes.
I don't really have brown shoes (well, I have boots), and I'm not planning on buying any anytime soon.
Sweater vest and shoes: Target
My knitting project is coming right along. It's going to be at least double what you see in this photo. Another eternity scarf. Just really exaggerated for extra warmth.
If you'd like to catch up on my style transformation, just click these links:
- Post 1: Fleece and Luon -- No More!
- Post 2: Weekend Happenings -- Style Edition.
- Post 3: Yet Another Belted Shirt
- Post 4: Resisting the Belt. For Today.
- Post 5: Blogtastic "Open Mic" and Friday Style
- Post 6: New Wardrobe!
- Post 7: Fish, Cornbread, and Jean Skirts
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!