>> Monday, May 16, 2011
Too much has happened over the past month to cover with one post. So, we thought we'd summarize today and then delve more deeply in the coming week (or so).
Where to begin?
- After 60 long days on the real estate market, our house did not sell. We had lots of interest, but in our area -- unless you're willing to accept significantly less money for your abode -- our situation isn't unique.
- We did not extend our contract either. The day before our contract was up -- the house we offered on had been snatched up by another couple.
- Much of our cooking gear is still in storage. We're hoping to get it all back soon-ish, but in the meantime . . . our meals have been pretty basic.
- I haven't baked anything in 60 days. That's right -- two entire months without using the oven for more than heating frozen pizza.
- We're looking forward to getting back into the groove (and perhaps even spiffing up our kitchen a bit now that we know we'll be around for a while).
LAZY PAN-COOKED OATS
What you'll need . . .
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Whisk dry ingredients together. Then add the wet and mix until well combined.
- Cook as you would pancakes -- until browned on both sides.
- Serve with apple slices and maple syrup.
- Stephen's stress fracture healed after nearly 10 weeks off from running. Happily, he's back to his racing shape again. He even took 7th place in yesterday's local half marathon (with a time of 1:18:35). I ran, too, and we'll post a more complete race report sometime soon.
- Now that each of us has been through a major injury within the past year, we can't stress enough the power of aqua jogging and cross-training. We're total converts.
- For the next year, we're both choosing to focus on shorter distances. Stephen wants to increase his pace at the 5K to 15K distances. I just need a break from distance training.
There's definitely more, including the flower garden we recently planted. The edible one we plan to create this weekend. Lots of to-be home improvements (and our new commitment to making our small space work). Another budget crackdown (remember our saving money on groceries series?). Etc., etc., etc.
Stay tuned for an exciting giveaway that we'll post later this afternoon! I'll give y'all a hint: It rhymes with . . .
Well, not very much. You'll just have to check back.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!