>> Friday, August 26, 2011
As I mentioned this morning on (never home)maker, baby! Stephen has been making our dinners for the past month. And he's become quite a cook. Especially with garlic knots and pizzas. After all, it was Stephen who invented the Garbanzo Garlic Knots.
File this pizza crust recipe away under your MUST MAKE ASAP heading. I know we've declared it many times, but we mean it more than ever: This crust is PERFECT. You'll make it over and over again.
PERFECT PIZZA CRUST
What you'll need . . .
- 1 cup chickpea/carrot puree (see below)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
Method . . .
- In a small bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Let sit until frothy, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours and salt.
- Whisk the yeast mixture and 1 cup of the puree together. Then add these wet ingredients to the flours.
- Mix with a spatula, then switch to kneading with your hands.
- Lightly oil another large bowl and let your dough rise in it -- covered with plastic wrap -- for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once dough has risen, divide into two balls. Each is large enough to make a large pizza.
- Preheat a pizza stone at 425 degrees F.
- Flatten out your dough into a round. Once stone is preheated, bake on one side for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then remove from oven, flip over and start building your pizza on the baked side.
- Once topped with toppings, bake for another 12 minutes. Until browned and bubbly.
Mix of mozzarella/cheddar cheeses
Fresh tomato slices
Fresh basil, oregano, etc.
Today on (never home)maker, baby! -- we're celebrating our entry into the third trimester . . . at least we THINK. 27 weeks!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!!