>> Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Hey, all you crazy ninjas -- Stephen here! Ashley's feeling sluggish today, so I've taken on the posting responsibilities. When presented with the challenge of coming up with a topic, I didn't need to think for very long at all.
Today's focus? Garbanzo beans (chickpeas).
One of my favorite snacks in a rush is a half cup of rinsed garbanzo beans with a couple drips of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. And it seems the leftover beans always find their way into our meals.
WHY WE LOVE GARBANZOS:
- They're delicious.
- They're high in fiber and folate (shout to the pregnant women!).
- They're a great source of protein for vegetarians.
- They're cheap and readily available in canned or dried form.
- There isn't a single spice -- at least we've found this to be true -- you can't toss in with them.
- You can use them in almost any recipe. Seriously!
THE NEW BANANA BREAD
COCONUT-GARBANZO BEAN SALAD
GARBANZO GARLIC KNOTS
HEALTHY LENTIL-GARBANZO BOWL
PUMPKIN MAC 'N CHEESE -- with garbanzo puree
COOKED KALE AND CHICKPEA SALAD
CURRIED CHICKPEA MASH
CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
CHOCOLATE-PB HU-MOUSSE -- Ashley's favorite
Today on (never home)maker, baby! -- learn how we jazzed up cheap-o, $5 Target poster frames for our nursery art. For super easy instructions, head this way . . .
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!