>> Wednesday, September 7, 2011
U.n.-freakin'-r.e.a.l. I had been thinking of making a dessert hummus for weeks. (My friend Jesslynn can verify.) So, when I finally got an overwhelming urge to whip some up this morning, I went with it. If you've followed us for a while, this mix is 10,000 times better than our Avocado Chocolate Pudding.
OK. More like 100,000,000 times better.
Seriously! Chocolate-peanut butter hummus blended to light, airy perfection with coconut milk -- sweetened with maple syrup. And just like with our Sneaky, Garbanzo-Infused Banana Bread, you don't notice the beans.
Still, I can tell many of you will be skeptical.
CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER HU-MOUSSE
What you'll need . . .
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
- 4 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Method . . .
- Put everything into a food processor and blend well.
- If you'd like your humousse lighter, add a bit more coconut milk. But don't add more than a teaspoon or so at a time.
- Top with chocolate chips or chocolate-covered almonds (though, I do admit they didn't photograph well -- they look a bit like mouse droppings -- go easy on me, please!).
Uhm . . . I'm apologizing in advance. I can't make any promises.
What's the strangest dessert you've ever fallen in love with? For me, this one is certainly a strong contender. Just leave a comment on email us at neverhomemaker [at] gmail [dot] com.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!!