>> Saturday, September 17, 2011
It's 61 degrees in our house this morning. Not terribly cold. BUT it happened . . . fast! I've never been a coffee person, and now that I'm pregnant, I wouldn't drink it anyway. Still, I require a hot beverage when the temps dip this low indoors.
I shared my favorite vegan hot cocoa recipe with y'all the other week. I tweaked it this morning for some extra flair. It's insanely good, so I just had to hop on here and share before we head to my first baby shower!
MAPLE-PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA
What you'll need . . .
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or 2 tablespoons, if you wish)
- 1 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- In a large mug, whisk together the cocoa powder with 3 tablespoons of the almond milk and the maple syrup.
- Add the rest of the almond milk and mix well.
- Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, until warm. Then stir in the peanut butter until it is well distributed.
- Microwave for another minute or so. Then stir again to make sure the peanut butter isn't clumped.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!