>> Friday, January 27, 2012
It seems like I've reached a lot of milestones with my online activity today. 100th post on the baby blog. 10,000 photos on my Flickr account. And this is the 900th post on (never home)maker. That's a lot of hours spent online. Certainly more than I've spent in the kitchen.
Especially lately. My time spent baking and cooking is limited as Ada becomes more and more aware. She's awake far more hours of the day now, requiring me to stop, drop, and play. As much as I'd like to say I'm a.l.w.a.y.s grabbing fruit and veggies for snacks, I've had a new favorite lately.
And it's no-bake!
What you'll need . . .
- 2-1/2 cups corn chex
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter or Earth Balance
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, chocolate, and butter. Heat on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss in your chex. Then add the peanut butter mixture. Stir with a spatula until well-coated.
- Then in a large Ziploc bag, toss in the powered sugar and chex. Shake, rattle, and roll until everything is -- again -- well-coated.
Today on (never home)maker, baby! I wrote all about the first weeks of breastfeeding. There's definitely graphic boob-talk on there. Don't say you weren't warned . . .
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!