>> Wednesday, March 14, 2012
When Stephen and I don't know what to make for dinner, we often default to our favorite veggie burger recipes. This evening, we made up a new one to add to the bunch.
WHITE BEAN & CORN VEGGIE BURGERS
What you'll need . . .
- 1 cup canelli beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method . . .
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Put everything but the corn kernals into a food processor and pulse until relatively smooth (you'll want some texture, but how much is up to you).
- Then mix in the corn and form into 4 patties. The "dough" will be very wet -- we patted ours into some extra cornmeal to shape.
- Then coat a frying pan with a bit of oil and brown on both sides over medium-high heat.
- When all are browned, place them on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
Took our dinner from eh to WOW in 1 minute flat.
Plus, we found a use for the pineapple Stephen's parents gave us this weekend.
1-MINUTE PINEAPPLE BBQ SAUCE
Combine the follow ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Then put in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes (to thicken a bit).
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (we used a kind that also has chipotle)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
Stay tuned for tomorrow's recipe. It's the healthiest cookie I could come up with . . . that uses Reece's peanut butter cups as a base.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!