>> Thursday, March 29, 2012
Quick post today, but it's a good one. I mentioned these yogurt biscuits briefly on Writing Chapter Three yesterday. Ada helped me make them. They mix together in a snap and are even easy to make with a baby strapped to your chest.
I found the recipe on Culinate, adapted from Mark Bittman's original, which didn't use whole wheat flour and had more butter.
They're flaky, gorgeous, and way better than my Cornmeal Drop Biscuits.
Here's that recipe again. And here's how we made it ours:
- Used 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Used 1 cup bread flour
- Omitted salt
- Used Earth Balance in place of butter
- Used 5 tablespoons Earth Balance versus 6 to 8
- Used Greek yogurt
- Cut the Earth Balance in with my fingers/mixed with spoon -- no mixer necessary
- Didn't knead on floured surface, just mixed in bowl
- Divided into 9 rounds by hand -- no cutting necessary
- Use just one baking sheet versus the suggested two -- no burned bottoms