>> Thursday, September 13, 2012
I must admit that my attention is divided this week. I'm in the midst of opening up my own small photography business locally -- so I've been researching all things sole proprietorship. Much more complicated than I originally thought, but certainly doable.
I've been taking photos for friends and family for years. It's what I love doing most. So, it's very exciting for me to take this step, even if it is only on the side. I spent this afternoon coming up with a snazzy pricing sheet.
What else. Hm . . . Well, between dentist appointments (no cavities!), deal-finding, and stripping cloth diapers, I haven't done much cooking this week. At least not of any blogging significance.
I did bake a batch of mini pumpkin muffins. Let's take a step back. I had this great idea for a completely sugar and sugar-substitute free muffin. One that would be suitable for Ada to munch on, too. I started mixing everything together only to realize that we were out of both baking soda AND baking powder.
Naturally, I forged ahead. Treated it as an experiment. A see-what-would-happen.
They turned out OK. What's exciting is that the taste was great without any sugar, stevia, maple syrup, honey, etc. But with no leavening agent, they aren't blog-worthy just yet. I need at least another go.
And definitely not Ada-approved.
Since I have nothing personally to offer in way of food, here are ten of my favorite recipes from my Pinterest.
- This gigantic skillet chocolate chip cookie
- Gwyneth Paltrow's no-fry fries look mighty tasty
- What could be better than sweet potato veggie burgers!
- More sweets for the sweet: strawberry-Nutella poptarts
- I'm making this avocado-egg breakfast pizza over the weekend
- Holding onto what's left of summer with blood orange creamsicles
- Moving right along to fall with pumpkin pie french toast
- Using up frozen stores with this berry and yogurt tart
- OK. More fall treats-- caramel-stuffed apple cider cookies
- And the simple, but intriguing roasted brussels sprouts with pears
What recipes have you pinned and/or tried lately?
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!