>> Monday, November 26, 2012
This year, we cooked on Saturday. Our belated Thanksgiving table featured some old favorites as well as some new recipes that I know we'll be making next year and beyond.
#1: Stuffed Delicata Squash
#2: Cranberry-Golden Beet relish
#3: Cranberry-Jalapeno Cheddar cheese
#4: Sweet potato stuffing w/ Sunflower bread
#5: Apple Cider & Ginger Glazed Parsnips
#6: Red-skinned mashed potatoes
#7: Miso-Chickpea Vegan Gravy
#8: Bittersweet Chocolate Pie
So, let's get to sharing some recipes!
I've seen lots of great recipes for delicata squash lately. We got a lot of it in our CSA this season, so I've had my share of practice cooking with it. We decided for our meal to use it in our main course.
TOFU LOAF STUFFED DELICATA
What you'll need . . .
- 2 large delicata squash, cut length-wise and scoop out seeds
- Olive oil
- Our Smoked Tofu Loaf recipe for filling
Method . . .
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Put your delicata squash on a baking sheet cut-sizes up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your tofu loaf mixture. You will be filling each piece of squash with it for baking. Feel free to play around with seasonings, etc.
- Take the squash out of the oven and distribute the tofu loaf mixture evenly. Then bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until firm and browned.
- Let cool and slice for serving. Should last several meals for 2 people. Or serves 6.
Seriously delicious and easy to make. And great for dinner any night, not just on Thanksgiving. You can read more about our holiday weekend over on Writing Chapter Three.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!