>> Sunday, January 20, 2013
For two people, a standard recipe's yield of 24+ cookies is too many. Cutting it in half doesn't help much. I've seen down-and-dirty recipes for just two, but that's too few. Sometimes you need s.i.x -- a solid half dozen -- to split.
Five for me.
One for Stephen.
Or something like that.
Anyway, with this recipe, what you see is what you get . . .
HALF DOZEN CHOCOLATE CHIPPERS
* Vegan recipe
What you'll need . . .
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground flax meal
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Handful or two chocolate chips
Method . . .
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spritz a baking pan with some olive oil or grease with a bit of Earth Balance.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream the Earth Balance and sugar together. Add in the vanilla, flax meal, and water. Mix until fluffy.
- Then add in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet and flatten with your palm. If you have leftover dough, eat it or evenly distribute.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden on top. Let cool before devouring.
Serve with a cold glass of almond milk. Consider adding chopped walnuts. And whatever you do, please don't hate me for contributing to your evening baking habit. It's good practice, I tell you. Really.
If you're getting sick of all the bread and cookie recipes (it is January, after all, the month of sugar/carbohydrate abstinence, I know, I know) -- you're in luck. This week I'll give you recipes for a vibrant, veggie-heavy crockpot soup + super healthy green waffles, 2 ways.
Pssst: Got a case of cabin fever? Check out Ada's indoor petting zoo on Writing Chapter Three.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!