>> Monday, April 1, 2013
I've been holding out on you. Maybe that's not the right way to put it. It was gluten-free month after all. But I made these ages ago, just hadn't had the opportunity to take great photos.
PUMPKIN + PESTO ROLLS
What you'll need . . .
- A full batch of Pumpkin Garlic Knots dough, recipe here.
- A full batch of Walnut Basil Pesto, recipe here or your favorite pesto recipe with a similar yield.
- A standard muffin tin, like this one.
Method . . .
- Let your dough rise + make your pesto.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease the cups of the muffin tin with olive oil and set aside.
- Knead dough for a minute, then divide into 12 equal balls. Using a rolling pin, flatten and roll out one ball until it is about 4 to 5 inches long.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of pesto onto it and roll. Place into muffin tin.
- Continue with process with the remaining pieces of dough and pesto until all cups are full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving with your favorite tomato sauce.
I hope the photos convey that this recipe is a MUST-make. I'd also love to figure out a gluten-free version. As always please, please, please let me know how you like this recipe! It's definitely a new favorite.
We ate them up quickly, but if you wrap tightly in plastic wrap and put in an air-tight container, I think you could freeze/reheat these pretty easily.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!