>> Friday, June 28, 2013
This is one of those simple recipes that's dangerously easy to get hooked on. And -- actually -- there's nothing dangerous about it at all. Pretty healthy if you ask me. I'm so bruschetta (pronounced "brusketta") obsessed that you'll be getting yet another recipe next week. That one's a bit more involved with naan and grilling, etc.
This recipe is fast, brown bag + work week friendly.
5-MINUTE BRUSCHETTA TOAST
vegan. you'll want to make it every day.
What you'll need . . .
- 1/4 cup Pomi chopped tomatoes, drained well
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 slices of you favorite crusty bread
Method . . .
- Toast your bread (darker + crunchier the better), slice into wedges, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all other ingredients.
- Spoon over wedges and serve immediately. Oh, and I would have drizzled mine with balsamic reduction if I had any!
- You can double, triple, etc. this recipe to make as many servings as you wish.
- Pesto Garlic Knots
- Ring-O-Fire Garlic Knots
- Baked Flatbread w/ Sweet Onions, Collards, and Brie
- Garbanzo Garlic Knots
- Chickpea-Carrot Pizza Crust*
- Brie Stuffed-Crust Pizza
- Veggie Stromboli
- Pizza Rustica
- BEETza Pizza
- Pumpkin Garlic Knots
- Gluten-Free Pizza Experiment
- Deep Dish Veggie Tart/Pizza
- Grilled Pizza Basics
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!