>> Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Wow. It really feels like feast or famine over here on the blog with regard to recipes. One week, I'm writing about ridiculous diet claims or giving a detailed food diary, the next I'm all about making + eating food. I've just felt particularly inspired this week to make different dishes, desserts, and other tasty treats.
I am also having a blog identity crisis. But more on that another time. In the summer, I love lemonade, but I never want to make/drink an entire pitcher. This recipe isn't rocket science, but I figure if I didn't think to make a small batch until now . . . maybe it's new to you as well.
BLACKBERRY LEMONADE for 2
What you'll need . . .
- Juice from 3 large lemons
- 3 cups cold water
- 1+ tablespoons raw honey*
- Handful frozen blackberries**
- Ice, lots of it
* Feel free to experiment with using agave, maple syrup, or even pure cane sugar -- whatever floats your boat and customizes the sweetness to your liking.
** Would also work great with frozen raspberries, chopped strawberries, etc.
Method . . .
- Put the lemon juice, water, and honey in a large glass and stir until raw honey is completely dissolved.
- Put in however much ice you'd like and then toss in the frozen fruit. Shake or stir around a bit until the fruit releases some of its juices into the drink. It will happen fast.
- Drink ASAP -- the ice melts fast. Enjoy the thawed fruit at the end of your drinking.
- (And feel free to add a splash of your favorite booze. Or even just add tonic water for some sparkle.)
Psst: Today we're mixing up batch 2 of our frozen yogurt (batch 1 was the chocolate + coconut, which is almost gone -- I can't believe it!). This time, it's going to be delightfully tart! I can't wait to share.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!