>> Friday, October 25, 2013
Those bright, sunny, and unseasonably warm days we were having decided to abruptly go elsewhere. In fact, snow showers are in the forecast and my back is aching from raking. Last night the temperature was around 40 degrees when I headed out on my 6-mile run. It was also dark + I could just smell the winter in the air.
You know the smell, right?
So, I put on my tights, a long-sleeve tech shirt, and my trusty fleece vest and jumped in.
I've written a lot of survival guides for the cold months, so I thought it might be nice to put them all in one place. Whether you're a seasoned runner who just don't like the seasons OR if this is your first winter running, you can enjoy frigid temperatures (or at very least, learn to love the treadmill).
- How to Cope w/ Seasonal De-Motivation
- How to Dress for Freezing Temps
- What I Wore: Cold Weather Running
- Reader Question: Running Wardrobe
- Running in the Dark
- Should You Run While Sick?
- Tips for Running Sub-10s (Degrees, that is!)
- How To: Run Outdoors This Winter
- Training in the Cold Months
- A Treadmill Survival Guide
- 4 Fast + Fun Treadmill Workouts
- Reader Question: Good Treadmill Workouts
- Scenes from Winter Racing
- A Winter 10K PR: Recap
- First Postpartum Race in (Mild) January
How do you overcome the deep freeze?
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!