>> Friday, January 17, 2014
It's been a while, but I'd like revive our Weekend Things series, just not this week. I whisked together quite an adult treat this morning. Certainly a mug of hot chocolate your kids wouldn't particularly enjoy. It's bright and, that word again, zesty. (If you didn't catch our Zesty Orange Ricotta Muffins, you're missing out!) And a pinch of cayenne pepper gives it a nice kick.
I'm sure you know by now that I like making cocoa at home!
- Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Microwave Hot Cocoa
- Maple-Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
ZESTY ORANGE HOT CHOCOLATE
What you'll need . . .
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- juice 1/2 large orange
- zest from that half orange
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened almond or soy milk
- palmful dark chocolate chips (5-10)
- pinch cayenne pepper
Method . . .
- Whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, and orange juice until it forms a thick paste. You may need to add a couple teaspoons water.
- Put this paste in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Pour your almond/soy milk over top and whisk to incorporate.
- Add in zest, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips. If you like some spice, add the cayenne.
- Enjoy immediately.
So, like I said. Weekend Things will return next week, but that doesn't keep me from sharing a few of my favorites today.
Here's some fun stuff I read/saw/liked or felt inspired by recently.
- What City Should You Actually Live In? via BuzzFeed (Portlandia for me!)
- Introvert / Extravert Quiz via About.com (I'm in the middle)
- Strength + Agility Equipment would be awesome for our home gym
- Pretty sure THIS is Stephen in 35 years
- I bought LUSH Henna Hair Dye to try out. In red. More details soon.
- I'm a sucker for this Blooming Monogram -- might DIY it in the spring.
- Holy, holy, holy: Saveur's Pizza Margherita -- perfection!
- So, no surprise I absolutely adore this Simple + Gold Monogram Necklace
- Love this Daily Page Notepad plan to keep organized.
- Babywearing + 2 Year Old
- Upside Down Thinking, positives out of negatives
- The (New) Play Room
- Toddler Leggings That Won't Break the Bank
- Guiding Words for the New Year
- Working On Independent Play
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!