>> Tuesday, March 4, 2014
It was Stephen's 30th birthday this weekend.
So, I figured: Why not eat cake for breakfast?
CHOCOLATE WALNUT BREAKFAST CAKE
vegan recipe, refined sugar free
What you'll need . . .
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup raw walnuts, pulsed into flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup 15-minute applesauce
Method . . .
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the inside of a standard bread pan (I used a glass one) and set aside.
- Then in a large bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Then mix in all the wet ingredients until everything is well moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes. Until center is set and edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool a while before serving with delicious, healthy toppings.
// TO TOP IT OFF
To make an AM-hours frosting, just combine a quarter to third cup of Greek yogurt with about a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter and a dash of vanilla extract. That's all you'll need. Then top off with some fresh fruit!
You'll want cake for breakfast every single day.
(And, yeah. This is from day #3.)
Please tell me you'll try this recipe!
Or perhaps you'd rather try some Tangerine Breakfast Cookies.
Or maybe some of my personal favorite: Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!.