>> Tuesday, March 25, 2014
We had three beyond-ripe bananas I needed to use up before a house showing tonight (they were stinking up the place), and I remembered how much my best friend Lindsey loves our Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Expect, I also know that she loves all things Nutella even more. So, you know -- I made this recipe specifically for her.
Except I'm not so sure it'll last until the next time we're together.
Could you resist this?
// NUTELLA BANANA BREAD
I used Aldi's hazelnut-chocolate spread -- and it's magical!
What you'll need . . .
- 3 medium bananas (riper is better)
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 3/4 cup warm almond milk (unsweetened, preferably)
- 1/2 cup Nutella (or off-brand)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Method . . .
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a glass loaf pan and set aside.
- Mash the bananas until they are goopy. Set aside. Also mix together the flax meal with 3/4 cup of WARM almond milk. Then set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the Nutella, olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Then add in the flax meal mixture and bananas.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the wet using a spatula and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and let rest for five minutes (to let the baking powder react). Then pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- After the time is up, take loaf out and poke with a knife or bamboo skewer (something to get in there deep!). If it doesn't come out clean, cover with some tin foil and return to oven for up to 15 minutes, checking periodically for done-ness.
- Let cool before tipping out of loaf pan and slicing.
Not much else to say except:
GO MAKE THIS RECIPE NOW!
And . . .
Nutella Pie with Strawberries
Nutella Mini-Chip Cookies
Vegan, Gluten-Free "Nutella" Balls
Nutella Ice Cream
Rich Chocolate Pumpkin Cake with Nutella-Pumpkin Frosting
Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Smoothie
Like what you just read? Browse more of our posts + recipes on Pinterest. You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!