>> Monday, April 14, 2014
Don't let the long ingredients list fool you. This slightly sweet bread comes together in a flash -- and it's mega-healthy. I mixed up + baked a loaf Saturday morning and we continued to enjoy this treat for breakfast today.
Tastes delicious toasted with a simple spread of Earth Balance on top. Pleases and toddler crowd. I think it'd also work well with shredded carrots. You guys know how much I love carrots, as evidenced by last week's explosion of recipes.
So, anyway. Zucchini. Get shredding!
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD
Vegan. Sweetened (lightly) naturally. Delicious.
What you'll need . . .
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal, cornmeal, flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, flax meal, chia seeds, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, olive oil, applesauce, ACV, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Then fold in the zucchini and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and flatten with spatula until top is even.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until center is set and edges are golden brown.
- Let cool for 10-20 or so minutes before removing from pan and slicing.
Off to paint over our chalkboard wall. Grr.
Like what you just read? Browse more of our posts + recipes on Pinterest. You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!