>> Friday, April 11, 2014
It's true! Eliminating food waste is one of the best ways to cut down on grocery bills. So, if you're looking for a way to use up that last cup of Roasted Carrot + Miso Soup -- I've got you covered. Not only is this dip great on its own, we also had some major success subbing it in for the pumpkin in our favorite garlic knots recipe.
And I think you could use most similarly pureed soups in this recipe! Maybe use Miso Split Pea Soup instead. Or our Carrot Soup With a Kick. I love Broccoli + Sweet Potato Soup. And Cheesy Potato Soup might make an interesting alternative.
ROASTED CARROT + MISO CHICKPEA SPREAD
Makes around 1-1/2 cups of delicious, vegan "hummus" dip.
What you'll need . . .
- 1 can chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 cup Roasted Carrot + Miso Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
Method . . .
- Put chickpeas, 1/2 cup soup, the olive oil, and pepper in a food processor and blend.
- Add more soup 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- I didn't write to add salt to this recipe because it's already in the soup. You can add any other spices you'd like, though.
Top with olive oil and serve with crackers!
// SIMILAR RECIPES
Leftover Roasted Veggie Hummus
One Bowl Juice Pulp Muffins
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!