>> Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Continuing with our zucchini theme this week -- I bet you didn't think I could possibly have another pesto recipe up my sleeve. Pesto has definitely become my favorite spread over the last several years. And ever since I discovered I could make it without any cooking or basil or whatever else I used to use with more traditional recipes -- I've been mixing it up weekly.
This is a great recipes to make with leftover zucchini and spinach!
Use up veggie leftovers in this zesty pesto!
What you'll need . . .
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 cups grated)
- 1/2 cup spinach (you could sub in other greens, like kale, too)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese*
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- salt + pepper to taste
- water to achieve desired consistency
- Put all ingredients -- except water -- in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then add water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
* Vegans can experiment with using nutritional yeast to substitute. I would have done it, but we're out + have some parmesan leftover.
In all, this recipe mixes up about 2 cups of pesto. We used ours in some delicious Pumpkin Pesto Rolls last night. Today we might use the rest atop pizza. It's tasty spread on sandwiches, in French toast, and so on.
// ALSO TRY
Vegan + Gluten Free Zucchini Burgers
Vegan Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Pesto + Avocado Sauce (Video!)
Pumpkin Pesto Rolls
Garlic Scape + Swiss Chard Pesto, 2 Ways
Steamed Pesto Dumplings
Pesto Pizza Dough
Baby Kale Pesto
Walnut Basil Pesto
Basil-Pesto French Toast
Pesto French Toast, II -- with Avocado Butter
Pesto Quiche with Oatmeal Crust
Pesto Garlic Knots
Pesto Portabella Sandwiches
(Pesto) Smothered Mother
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!.