>> Friday, May 30, 2014
Continuing with a sandwich theme this week, I thought I'd share my most recent bagel shop re-creation: The Mexican Bagel. There's been a variation of this "recipe" at almost every lunch spot with bagels I've ever been to. So, I figured making it at home would be easy and less expensive. Especially now that our house sale/purchase is actually moving forward!
Anyway, I posted a poorly lit photo of this sandwich last night on Instagram. I had all the right ingredients to make it again today for lunch.
THE MEXICAN BAGEL
What you'll need . . .
- Your favorite type of bagel
- Your favorite type of cream cheese
- Your favorite sliced cheese (cheddar, Jack, Colby-Jack, etc.)
- Your favorite salsa
- Your Favorite hot sauce
- Slice the bagel and toast until lightly brown.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on both halves.
- Top with your sliced cheese and then broil until melted.
- Scoop on a couple spoonfuls of salsa. Then top with avocado slices.
- Dash liberally with the hot sauce + enjoy!
Do you have any fun weekend plans? I'd love to fit in a yard sale one of these weeks!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!