>> Friday, June 13, 2014
I never got around to sharing our grocery receipt from our latest Aldi grocery trip. The total was $108 and we were actually able to stretch out that shopping trip to fit our needs for two weeks now that our CSA share has kicked in. (Also kind of crazy how our last Aldi cart was also $108, but we bought a lot of different stuff!)
Here's what we bought:
We've gotten into a great rhythm of some typical dinners, but we like to mix it up from time to time when new or temporary ingredients hit the shelves. As I mentioned in my last Aldi post, we really like the crusty Italian bread for grilled sandwiches. I am now addicted to the green hummus (jalapeño!). And I'm always, always, always so happy with how much cheese we can buy for so little money. It's my favorite food, so you know that thrills me!
Next week I'm going to talk more about our CSA farm and the foods we've been supplementing our Aldi trips with (like the rhubarb we used to make those Rhubarb Hand Pies!). Strangely enough, the produce at our store hasn't been as good lately (I'm disheartened and hoping it gets better soon), so I'm really glad the fresh + local veggies are abundant.
I hope you guys are getting set for a nice weekend. Ada and I are off on an adventure next week, but I'll be posting regularly. We're going to a week-long festival in my hometown. Unfortunately, Stephen can't join us . . . but we'll surely miss him. In the meantime, check out some other stuff we have going on and other things I've written for other sites!
Lately on Writing Chapter Three:
- Making One Car Work for Our Family
- Day In The Life: 2.5 Years
- The Craigslist Couch
- Ada's Future Room Decor Plans
- The In-Between Month
- Potty Training Chronicles
- Happy Friday + Video
My Writing Elsewhere:
- Healthy People Have These 10 Things In Their Homes
- 7 Style Secrets to Flatter Every Shape
- 20 Cute + Frugal DIY Clothes To Make For Kids
- 17 Ways to Prepare Your Home for Inspection
- How Healthy Habits Save You Money
- 15 Easy Ways to Lower Your Electric Bill
- The Best, Cheapest Summer Vacation Ever
- Fit + Strong in 30 Days or Less
- 20 Simple DIY Clothing Projects for Women
- 15 Grab-n-Go Post-Workout Breakfasts
- Nutrition Spotlight: Eggs
- My Month Off From Serious Running
- Adding Intervals To Your Walking Routine
- Post-Workout Breakfasts for Busy Mornings
- Basics of The Ultra Marathon
- Interval Training Pace Guide
More #unsponsored ALDI recipes/posts:
- Roasted Asparagus + Hummus Toasts (recipe)
- A whole + HUGE cart! $108!
- Zucchini Burgers Recipe -- vegan + gluten-free
- What $77 Looks like at Aldi
- Fresh Orange Wakeup Smoothie -- 19 grams of protein!
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup -- lots of hidden veggies!
- A month of groceries = $291!
- The FULL THREAD of Aldi posts...