>> Wednesday, July 9, 2014
We've unpacked enough of our kitchen to start cooking again -- and I'm absolutely thrilled. A lot of the last month has been a mix of takeout and assembled meals (sandwiches, etc.), and -- as you can imagine -- a lot of cheese and bread and more bread. I'm going to write a post all about our CSA later this week, but for now I thought I'd give you a rundown of our latest stock up at Aldi.
Here's some new stuff we're trying this week:
- Pastas -- whole wheat spaghetti and some rigatoni
- Fish (needs a longer post) -- wild caught flounder, tilapia, etc.
- Peach Greek yogurt -- I just had some, DELICIOUS!
- Dry black and white beans
- Frozen yogurt bars, blueberry
- Organic pasta sauce
- Red potatoes
Have you had a grocery success story recently? What did yours involve?
And it looks like in the course of writing, I've already created two new posts for the future: Our CSA for the season and why I'm considering eating fish again. More on that stuff soon! And I'll be back tomorrow with some tips for crafting the perfect summer salad.
More #unsponsored ALDI recipes/posts:
- (Major) Grocery Sticker Shock
- Roasted Asparagus + Hummus Toasts (recipe)
- A whole + HUGE cart! $108!
- Zucchini Burgers Recipe -- vegan + gluten-free
- What $77 Looks like at Aldi
- Fresh Orange Wakeup Smoothie -- 19 grams of protein!
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup -- lots of hidden veggies!
- A month of groceries = $291!
- The FULL THREAD of Aldi posts...