>> Monday, July 7, 2014
Our 4th of July kicked off a whole new season in our lives. Though we still didn't technically own our new home, we hosted our first "big" party with family and a few friends. It was one of those totally last minute deals where we were literally buying a gas grill hours before we lit it up . . . and I was in need of some majorly tasty party food -- and fast.
PS: I need a major post-move makeover, people!
Deviled eggs are an all-time favorite of mine. I could seriously eat an entire batch myself. And keeping with my Avocado Egg Salad theme, I thought to try them with some guacamole we had leftover from a Veggie-Loaded Quesadillas dinner the night before.
Let me tell you, these eggs are !!!
GUACAMOLE DEVILED EGGS
What you'll need . . .
- 12 eggs, hard boiled
- A couple tablespoons to Vegenaise or mayo*
- 1/4 cup homemade guacamole (or store bought), more if desired
- Dried dill, paprika, etc.
Method . . .
- Hard boil your eggs on the stove. The best instructions I have ever run across for this process are from Martha Stewart. Works perfectly every time -- cover eggs with 1 inch of cold water, bring to a rapid boil, take off from heat + cover, and let sit for 12 minutes before putting in a bath of cold (or icy) water to stop the cooking.
- Slice eggs in half -- carefully -- and place hardened yolks in a small bowl. Arrange on a plate for future filling.
- Then add the Vegenaise or mayo and guacamole and mix until well incorporated. You may add more mayo or guac, depending on your desired flavor and texture.
- Then scoop a generous amount into each egg
- Then top with generous sprinklings of dill and smoked paprika, etc. I also added some fresh grated black pepper and sea salt for good measure.
I will definitely be making another batch (for myself only!) ASAP. There's just something about that avocado + egg mixture that gets me every time. Oh, and if you're vegan, you can always tried the Tofu Avocado Salad recipe we posted last year. It's another winner!
Happy Monday -- and I hope you all had a great holiday! Here are some more photos from our party. I'd say this recipe is certainly a strong move toward making more of my clean eating goals a reality.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!