>> Friday, September 26, 2014
Here we are again. Another failed marathon training season. I’ve mentioned several times that I simply fell behind on my training during our big move . . . a whole month behind. I tried catching up, but skipping ahead to higher mileage just isn’t smart for my IT-bands.
So, I kept slugging away at around 28-35 miles a week the last several months. My longest run was 17 miles at 9:00/mile, and I’ve now decided to 100% opt out of the race that’s in two weekends. Funny how solid training -- even my recent 5K PR-ing, etc. -- can seem like nothing if you’re not meeting your ultimate goal. Especially that stupid marathon distance.
Right now? I’m running because I love running.
Oh, and I started running in some new shoes recently (above + not sponsored). I still have a pair of Nike Flyknits that are -- in a word -- AWESOME for my weekly mileage. On those longer runs, I have wanted some more cushioning. I hadn’t run in Adidas since college, but this pair of their Response Boost shoes are pretty great so far. Lots of responsive (yup!) cushioning. I’ll try to write more about them once I wear them in a little more.
#1: I like the humor in this Getting Out Of Debt post by Jesse at You Need a Budget.
#2: My friend Sue shared with me this great Halloween costume guide for girls by A Mighty Girl.
#3: Have you seen Leo DiCaprio’s talk at the UN Climate Summit? It’s a good one.
#4: Ada is obsessed with Piggy Paint -- a water-based, nontoxic nail polish for kids. Guess it goes with all her princess garb.
#5: Check out these 50 Best Food Blog Photos. It’s from 2012, but still fun!
#6: What 90s Halloween Costume Should You Rock? OK. I might not be dressing up this year, but I got Daria Morgendorffer. La la LA la la.
#7: A few deals!
- 25% off (or more) on colorful Zutano babywear
- Up to 50% off on Women’s Jackets for fall + winter
- Sale on Nutiva coconut oil, chia seeds, and more
- 12% off this Reusable Brown Paper Lunch Bag by Luckies of London
- Putting Myself Out There: My first photo-shoot in nearly a year. #WAHM
- Parenting Notes: Advice and thoughts for new-ish moms + dads.
- Teaching True Beauty: We’ve entered the princes phase over here!
- Shape Sponges: DIY $1.00 Store activity for hours for fun.
- Packed Lunch Ideas You’ll Want To Steal From Your Kids
- 10 Delicious Freeze-Ahead Dinners for Busy Weeknights
- Take These 10 Items Off Your Wedding Registry Immediately
- 12 Ideas for Cheap + Festive Fall Decor
- Clean Your Stinky Exercise Clothes Naturally
- 8 Desk-Friendly Workouts to Combat Sitting Disease
- Your Fall Exercise Problems . . . Solved
- Fall Superfoods List + Healthy Recipes