>> Friday, November 7, 2014
Weekend things already? Yeah. Things were quiet here this week. I’ve been under the weather, but am feeling a bit better today. And I’ll be back next week with a look into our freezer, some tips for $10 grocery shopping weeks, and more homesteading stuff.
I was flipping through some photos, and I don’t think I ever shared this delicious sandwich we made a couple months ago. It’s just roasted beets sliced with fresh mozzarella cheese atop swiss chard pesto on some toasted bread.
#1: As a photographer I love this Creating Fake Memories concept.
#2: Check out Frugality Gal’s 7 Old-Fashioned Skills That Save You Money. I’m already doing #1 (bread baking), but I could expand on the rest.
#3: This DIY Bath Towel Rack looks super simple and gorgeous to boot.
#4: The gift-giving season is upon us. I love this list of 25 Life-Improving Gifts for Less Than $10, as well as this list of 100 Non-Toy Gifts for kids.
#5: I’ve picked up an old lady craft to help distract myself during the TWW -- weaving! Here’s a quick how-to. I actually got this Martha Stewart Loom Kit, and I love it.
#6: Make this Frankincense and Cinnamon Winter Balm -- it’s a lot like the Natural Vapor Balm I made a few weeks ago, just with different essential oils.
#7: Some deals:
- 70% off wool coats for the whole family!
- 35% off a large selection of Green Toys for young kids.
- Colorful Alex Crafting Kits are 40% off.
- Up to 60% off women’s Birkenstocks.
Lately on Writing Chapter Three
- Better Late Than Never -- conflicted thoughts on parenting a 3-year-old
- We made the switch to Ada’s Big Girl Bed! Here’s how it’s going.
- Some budget fashion with One Shirt in Five Different Ways!
- Here’s how you Untangle Doll Hair (and Make Smoothie Cubes)
- 15 Fantastic Chalkboard Paint Projects
- Here’s How You Maximize Fridge and Freezer Space
- 6 Ways To Make Your Tiny Apartment Feel Like a Castle
- Boost Your Home’s Value With These 5 Projects
- Fruit Spotlight: Canned + Fresh Tomatoes
- The “Get-Yo-Greens-In” Smoothie
- 10 Ways To Show Off Your Race Bling