>> Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Along with all the gift lists I’ve put together, I’d like to share some homemade presents you can give (and make for yourself!). First up is this divine vegan drinking chocolate that comes together in just a few minutes, but will keep your friends + family warm all season long. You can customize it by adding spices or leave it be.
Then just heat, mix, and enjoy!
HOMEMADE DRINKING CHOCOLATE
What you’ll need . . .
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarse, but incorporated.
- Pour into a glass container and decorate for gifting.
- Add instructions that 2 tablespoons does well with a standard mug. You’ll just fill your glass with whatever milk you like (almond, soy, coconut, cow, etc.) and then pour that amount into a small pan on the stove with the chocolate mixture. Whisk over medium-low heat until melted and warm. Serve immediately.
Stay tuned for the Baby Gift List that I just finished last night. I’ll probably post it later today. But I have another couple edible gifts to share before the week is up. All are friendly for a variety of dietary restrictions. (By the way, I plan on making this drinking chocolate to give . . . but it’s also really nice to have the “test” version in my own cabinet!)
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!