>> Wednesday, January 28, 2015
It’s been a while since I posted a good energy chunk recipe. I’m actually working on one that’s GORP-based, so keep your eyes peeled for that soon. In the meantime, I needed something to snack on before my workouts. I love the instant jolt of energy I get from these little balls. Yet, I don’t experience a huge sugar crash because the sweetness is naturally derived.
These energy chunks are great for snacks and dessert. Especially when you’re doing a Weekends-Off Diet approach. Ada loves them, too. If you’d rather let the nut butter steal the show, leave out the cocoa powder. Toss in chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, and anything else your heart desires.
Whatever you do, enjoy!
CHOCOLATE + NUT BUTTER ENERGY CHUNKSMakes 20-24 balls. Gluten-free and vegan.
What you’ll need . . .
- 12 pitted dates
- 4 heaping tablespoons nut butter (I used PB)*
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups GF rolled oats
- pinch sea salt
Method . . .
- Pulse dates in your food processor until they break up a bit.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients minutes the maple syrup and vanilla extract and pulse.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract until your mixes well incorporated and sticks together. You may wish to add more/less maple syrup depending on your sweetness and/or texture preference.
- Scoop out in heaping tablespoons onto wax paper. Then roll into balls.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
// SIMILAR RECIPES
- Chocolate Chunk Energy Cookies
- Chocolate Almond Butter Energy Chunks
- Cookie Dough Balls
- Double-Chocolate Granola-ish Bars
- Nutella Balls
- Cocoa-Hazelnut Energy Chunks
- Maple-Walnut Energy Chunks
- Marathon Chunks
- Chocolate-PB Energy Chunk
- Cacao Energy Chunk
- Runner's World Energy Bars
- Choc-PPB Energy BARS