>> Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Here’s a sweet treat for your Wednesday. This recipe is a modification of the Healthy Chocolate + PB Brownies and Peanut Butter Blondies I posted last summer. What makes these guys different is that I used avocado in place of banana and made them super dark chocolate. Adding walnuts also made them taste even more legit. Please let me know if you try this recipe! The first ones were a huge hit, so I’m hoping this one’s a new favorite.
BLACK BEAN AVOCADO BROWNIESFlourless, gluten-free, vegan, etc.
What you’ll need . . .
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-large avocado, ripe
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 (heaping) cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 2 Moser Roth chocolate bars, 70% dark (from Aldi)
- (or big handful dark chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup walnuts
Method . . .
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf or square baking pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate and walnuts in a food processor and combined until smooth.
- Then pulse in the walnuts and chocolate until well incorporated but chunky.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pan and distribute evenly, flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!