>> Monday, January 12, 2015
Ever since I rediscovered the microwave muffin a couple weeks ago, I’ve been hooked on them. In a way, it’s just a different way of eating your morning oatmeal. Well, sort of. This mix is a bit more decedent than the last muffin recipe I shared with you. As much as it’s suited for breakfast, it’s make an awesome dessert for one in a pinch.
Check it out:
PUMPKIN FUDGE MICRO MUFFIN
What you’ll need . . .
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Handful chocolate chips
Method . . .
- Mix together the cocoa powder, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, peanut butter, and nondairy milk. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Lightly grease the inside of a large coffee mug with Earth Balance or oil. Pour in the muffin mixture.
- Cook in your microwave on high heat for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Let sit for a minute or two to cool down.
Then flip your mug onto a plate,
Cut the muffin in two,
And top with peanut butter . . .
Or whatever else you think sounds tasty.
Like what you just read? Browse more of our posts + recipes on Pinterest. Chat with us on Twitter or Facebook. And you can always email us with your questions and comments.