>> Friday, March 27, 2015
It’s the weekend -- and Stephen is off for his spring break next week. We had planned to do something more exciting than, well, staying home. However, life sort of moves and shifts us in different directions, right? We’re fortunate to have my mother-in-law staying with us for the whole week so I can rest and recover . . . and maybe sneak out for a few dates. There are some new restaurants I’ve wanted to try, movies I’d love to see. Anything to keep spirits high. I also really want to do some special things for Ada.
I must say, this spring is crawling in slower than ever. I’ve tried being optimistic -- really, I have -- but all this week has been clouds and rain and snow and cold again. I was looking through photos from a couple years ago when we were lounging in our backyard barefoot with Ada on Easter. I feel like this was a lifetime (or more) ago. Crazy.
#1: How To Talk To Your Daughter About Her Body via Huff Post
#2: What Your Style of Egg Says About You via The Kitchn (I’m poached)
#3: Kitchen Skills Kids Can Learn (By Age) via LifeHacker (thanks, Liz!)
#4: Negativity Online via Design Sponge
#5: I watched all of Mad Men Season 7 this week on Netflix
#6: 2-year-old Too Old For Naps? New Study Says “Yes” via Parents
#7: Some deals:
- 20% off Burley bike trailers and accessories (!!!)
- 50% off Body Revolution by Jillian Michaels
- My favorite: 30% off Saucony Originals sneakers
- Zutano Baby -- 50% off or more . . .
- Soda Stream starter kit is 45% off -- we love ours.
My writing elsewhere:
- 8 Great Clean Eating Slow Cooker Recipes
- 7 Amazing Things People Have Accomplished In Under One Year
- 5 Cheap + Easy Metabolic Boosters
- 10 Indulgent Desserts That Are Actually Good For You
- Quick Bread + Biscuits To Bake Tonight
- Burn More Calories With These 8 Frugal Foods
- 7 New Ways To Use Your Microwave