>> Friday, April 10, 2015
I have already accomplished some stuff from our Spring Bucket List. First, I'm back at running 3-5 miles at a time -- and it feels good. Second: My mother-in-law, Ada, and I planted seeds last weekend. They are living on my dining room table + sprouted up almost immediately! I definitely need to separate out some of the plants to prevent crowding (Ada was a little too enthusiastic with her seed pouring job), but otherwise, I think we’ll get some healthy plants out of this bunch.
Beets, parsnips, spinach, swiss chard, peppers, pumpkins, and a wide variety of herbs.
#1: Stuck In The Middle via This American Life
#2: Love this idea: Create an Edible Landscape via Mother Earth News
#3: Why We Should Talk More About Miscarriage via Mic
#4: Sherlock is our new favorite show. Benedict Cumberbatch = !!!
#5: Most Commercial Weight Loss Programs Are Waste of $ via NY Mag
#6: Have you guys heard of Poo-Pourri? We got it as a stocking gift, and now I spritz it in the kitchen sink and garbage can for odors (along with its original purpose, of course).
#7: How To Go Dairy-Free Without Going Flavor-Free via Huff Post
#8: My growing obsession with plantation shutters.
#9: Some deals:
- Up to 60% off EX9 Kinesiology Tape -- I dig it. Helps with lots of aches/pains.
- Get 58% off the awesome + foldable Fly Bike toddler bike
- 100 piece set of Picasso Tiles is 35% off -- such a great toy.
- Ninja 1100 Watt Blender just $116 -- we use ours every single day (for 5+ years).
- On my wish list: Zero Gravity Chair that’s 36% off today.
What you may have missed:
- Kitchen Updates -- most recent photos of our (budget) renovated space.
- Kale Massage 101 -- why you should massage kale + how to do it.
- Dark Cloud -- ever feel like bad stuff is just following you everywhere?
- Miso + Peanut Noodles -- a healthy, nostalgic recipe.
- Moving Forward // Or Trying -- it’s hard when pregnancy announcements are everywhere.
My writing, elsewhere:
- Throw An Awesome Potluck Dinner With These 6 Tips
- 5 Things You Shouldn’t Order On Amazon
- 7 Amazing Things People Have Accomplished In One Year
- 8 Great Clean Slow Cooker Recipes
- 5 Cheap + Easy Metabolic Boosters
- More articles on Wisebread.com (I don’t get paid by click -- just sharing.)