>> Friday, April 24, 2015
I hadn’t planned to write a Weekend Things post this week, but I came across so much good stuff to share. So, here we are. First and foremost, if you’re going to make a dessert this weekend, make these Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies featured on Smitten Kitchen. My friend Ellie shared this recipe yesterday, and I made it less than five minutes after reading through Deb’s musings.
(For vegans out there, a flax egg -- 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons water -- is a great substitute in this recipe.)
#1: 5 More Things We Can Learn From Julia Child’s Kitchen via The Kitchn
#2: Then there’s the whole thing with last night’s Grey’s Anatomy. For those of you who haven’t watched it yet, I won’t spoil. I’ll just say, THIS seriously.
#3: The Not-So-Sweet Truth About Cabbage Patch Kids via Country Living
#4: 102-Year-Old Renaissance Dancer Sees Herself on Film via Washington Post
#5: Photos of Legal Marijuana Use Shatter Stereotypes via Huff Post -- so bad they’re good!
#6: Making of Benedict C’s Wax Figure via Madame Tussauds -- I want one!
#7: Some deals:
- Up to 40% Off bestselling Vivere Hammocks -- I really want one of these.
- A collection of Kate Spade shoes under $100
- Major outlet deals on a variety of Spring Toys For Kids
- Kid’s shoes by Keen, Merrell, Kamik, etc. up to 60% off
- Breville Boss Blender is 33% off
What you may have missed . . .
- Do You Tabata? -- my fascination with this awesome workout method.
- Time Machine Eats -- five old recipes we’ve been making often.
- Running From Square One -- it’s just like starting over!
- A Room For Living -- progress on our living room redesign.
- Spinach + Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits -- made with Greek yogurt.
- 8 Must-Have Kitchen Tools -- stuff you need to cook your best.
My writing, elsewhere: