>> Tuesday, May 26, 2015
I think we’ve all been there. Either hosting a party or bringing something tasty to one at a friend’s house. And then we forget or run out of time. Yesterday we had our good friends over for Memorial Day, and I needed dessert -- in a flash. This pie is perfect for the summer season ahead.
It’s fast (5 minutes to make).
It’s semi-healthy (protein!).
And it’s delicious . . .
5-MINUTE PICNIC PIE
What you’ll need . . .
- Graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Extra Cool Whip for topping
- Strawberries + sugar and lemon juice (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cool whip.
- Pour mixture into your prepared crust. Spread evenly.
- Then let chill in the fridge. If you don’t have time, it’s OK to skip this step.
- Top with Cool Whip and serve with the sliced fruit.
- I used a store-bought crust. But you can make a graham cracker crust easily at home if you have the right ingredients.
- I used natural peanut butter, but the kind you don’t need to stir. I’m sure you could use any other nut butter or spread.
- I’m sure honey or agave could substitute for the maple syrup -- just taste test for the right amount.
- You don’t have to use Cool Whip. In fact, you can omit it from the pie if you’d rather a denser texture. Or you can use whipped cream or even whipped coconut cream. I’ve just always had a thing for Cool Whip at summer parties.
- If you’re doing berries, try tossing halved strawberries in a couple tablespoons of sugar and lemon juice a few hours before serving.