>> Wednesday, May 6, 2015
One of the first improvements we made in the kitchen in our previous home was switching out the faucet. So, when we moved into our new place last year, I was definitely frustrated with the trade down to a standard faucet. I don’t know about you, but since I cook and bake so often -- my kitchen is regularly a mess. The biggest culprit? Dishes upon dishes that need to be washed after each mix, whisk, and meal.
When BlogHer offered me the chance to try one of Moen’s new faucets, I eagerly jumped at the opportunity. We’ve been slowly updating our kitchen and hadn’t yet made it to the faucet, but we had already considered a Moen because it happens to be the #1 faucet brand in North America. I recently shared with you guys the progress we’ve made, so here’s a photo of the kitchen in its current glory!
I chose the Hensley faucet for our space. There are tons of awesome designs and options to choose from out of Moen’s fleet. What I like about the Hensley is its classic lines and elegant structure. The brushed nickel goes well with our new refrigerator . . . and -- honestly -- it’s just a lot of fun to use.
- The sleek design is as functional as it is pretty. I love the high arching neck that allows me to wash a variety of pots and pans without splashing water everywhere.
- The hose smoothly retracts back into its original position on its own. Having the spray mechanism right there is so much more convenient than reading for a separate handheld sprayer.
- While we’re talking about spraying, I love the options of regular flow, spray, and even stop. Whatever I need is just the touch of one button.
- And the finish has Microban® infused in it, which means it has some serious 24/7 antimicrobial protection. Essential in the sink area, which happens to also be the dirtiest place in the home.
Besides all the mechanics, this faucet has totally transformed the sink area from a design standpoint. It’s like jewelry or something. Bling. Our old faucet surely had some style, but its profile was quite miniscule. The worst part? The hose was always getting kinked when I’d go to spray my pots and pans.
Here’s the before and after:
In the end, I couldn’t be happier with our newest addition. It’s beautiful, functional, and fabulous. I’d love to know what faucets you have in your kitchens (or on your wish lists!). Do you, like me, think the pull-down sprayer is a must?
Check out the faucets on the Moen website and leave a comment below to enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/4/15 – 5/31/15.
Be sure to visit the Moen brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!